Saturday, April 19, 2014
Today, Day 1
I was sitting in the diner, waiting for my salad and toast when the doorbell rang. I turned my head to see who had entered. It was, who I would later learn, Oliver Scotts, a big name tech guy, who headed a company that produced automated social media content. You simply snapped photos of what you were doing and the program generated the subject matter for you. Why this was so popular, I wasn't sure, but everyone was buzzing about it. I suppose it was because the content was nicely written, more interesting than one might write it themselves, and always accurate to where you were. Pretty impressive stuff.
I was sitting with my iPhone waiting for the salad, as I say. I loved social media, don't get me wrong, but to not be able to type my own content? It was a trend I wasn't jumping on, not yet at least. I had just watched You've got Mail and felt like the small shop owner rivaling the big box corporation. Oh well. I had never seen Oliver Scotts in person, just in photos, and he wasn't immediately recognizable. I swirled by coffee, added some sugar, and continued to wait.
Oliver sat next to me and ordered some eggs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment